Thursday, 8 December 2011

Two Years Later...

So this post may be slightly overdue (my anniversary was 19th November) but after surviving two years with Mr Dickson, I think it deserves a pat on the back and a blog post.

To celebrate our second anniversary, I managed to bag a free hotel stay in Banbury after writing a gushing review of the hotel for work. So after being delayed on the morning of our departure because Tom still had to buy me a card and have a sunbed (my concerns over my boyfriends sexuality continue to grow) we hopped on the train destined for the Oxfordshire town.  


We checked in after being driven to the hotel by a bumbling Asian taxi driver, who I’m convinced, had a wooden leg, and were delighted with our surroundings. Picturesque countryside, windy lanes and thatched roofed houses wrapped round the hotel in the quiet village of Wroxton. 


We were even lucky enough to be given a suite, so after setting out bags down and jumping on the bed, Tom made himself a cup of tea and told me not to look while he scribbled in my card. Who said romance was dead? Before the sun went down, I dragged Tom on a nice country walk to explore, and found a quaint little duck pond and a huge University that resembled Hogwarts complete with a dramatic mist that floated over the hills. Despite my wrong choice of footwear (wedges and muddy paths don’t mix) and sporadic moaning, we had a lovely time. 


Once back at the hotel, a quick nap and a dose of Come Dine with Me followed, and then we went down for dinner, which consisted of a meaty rump steak and a little tipple or five.

The food theme continued the next morning with a full English breakfast, so it was safe to say that the diet went out the window for the weekend. When it came to checking out, we were given a little surprise, not only was our room for the night free, the meal we had was on the house as well! For bargain-hunter Tom, I don’t think the weekend could’ve got any better.


We had a lovely weekend – here’s to the next two years, may the laughter and fun continue! 


No comments:

Post a Comment