Thursday, 31 May 2012

My beauty must-haves

My friends know that being a make-up fanatic is just not my bag. Dressing up for a night out I always choose to play it safe with a bit of mascara and a touch of lippy, rather than risk painting my face like a drag queen. I’d love to be able to create a beautiful, flawless look with the stroke of a brush but I just don’t have a Scooby doo where to start. I’m like a child rummaging through my mum’s make-up bag trying odd things here and there and making nothing but a huge mess.

My friend Harriet, a beautician by trade, often likes to give me a ‘Hollywood makeover’ but I’m always sneakily rubbing off the blusher or smudging the eyeliner when she’s not looking. So when it comes to my favourite beauty buys, I opt out of pricey designer brands such as Mac or even Benefit and prefer to stick with the cheap and cheerful names that I trust will do their best at keeping me shine-free throughout the day. 

Moisturiser: Really nice texture, goes on your skin smoothly and sinks in quickly
Blusher: First cream blusher I've used and I love it. Goes on brilliantly and lasts for hours.
Mascara: Used it for years, dries quickly and gives lashes good definition
Compact powder: Just £3.99 it's a bargain and gives good even coverage
Dry shampoo and hairspray: I literally cannot live without them
Face wipes: What did I do before them?!

No comments:

Post a Comment