Thursday, 3 May 2012

This weeks picks

A good week for...


Character cakes
The foodie theme seems to have become a bit of a recurring one with my blog posts recently, but this week I stumbled across these cake gems. Forget cupcakes and a plain old Victoria sponge, character cakes are making their way up people's shopping lists and into their bellies. Unsurprisingly with my obsession of teen bopper boy bands I love these new One Direction cake pops made by Rhubard and Roses. I also found these fantastically life-like dog cakes on Stylish magazine’s website - they are just too cute to even consider taking a bite of!

Kim and Kanye
My new favourite couple is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. It's like a fairytale; the reality star smooching with the A-list controversial rapper to make sweet music. I've never been cool with a capital C when it comes to my television and music choices (see above) but you just can't beat a bit of Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Or Khloe and Lamar, Jersey Shore, Glee, Teen Mom... I could go on. Anyway I'm convinced that Kim has finally found 'The One' with Kanye and am really rooting for them to waltz down the aisle and not divorce 72 days later. 


Tulisa what’s-her-face
This young songstress was voted the world's sexiest woman by lads mag FHM, and looks set to top the charts this weekend with her debut solo effort Young, which I cannot stop listening to at full blast in my car. She also appeared on Alan Carr's Chatty Man and couldn't avoid the inevitable qs about THAT tape, to which I thought she answered with tongue-and-cheek banter and brutal honesty. 




 A bad week for...


My new Matalan purchases
When payday swings around I always like to treat myself to a little retail therapy, but I’ve become a pro at finding fashion favourites in high street stores for a bargain price. So usually it’s goodbye Topshop, hello Matalan, Primark and New Look for my summer wardrobe staples. This month I treated myself to some £20 lilac jeans to emulate the pastel trend and dived straight into the peplum style with a purchase of a new floral top. But since I parted with my pennies, I haven’t seen one ounce of sun so unfortunately my new clothes are still stuck in the wardrobe.   
 

My good friend Holly Treacy
Poor old Holly has not had a great week. My good pal from work has had a 'challenging' few days at work trying to dodge bullets from all angles and then she gets the news that three of her single friends have found love with men that seem to tick all of her boxes. Then just to top it off, she drops the bombshell that she hasn’t had locked lips with a man since 2010! So now I’m embarking on a nationwide tour to find Holzee a man to have a little smooch with. Check her out here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment