Thursday, 14 June 2012

Jubilee madness!


Monday June 4th saw the Monk family gather together to celebrate our monarch’s 60 years on the throne. In true patriotic spirit, we donned our cardboard Royal family faces, put up the bunting and had a BBQ complete with bangers and chicken legs. Thankfully the weather was good to us and as my dad says ‘the sun shines on the righteous’ and it certainly made a few appearances for the Queen and her posse.

We even had a friendly game of rounders where we divided the teams into girls against boys and even though I saw my dad do the most running he has done in decades much to the delight of me and my brother, I think the lasses came out victorious; especially since I caught Tom out twice.

After the match I had a well-deserved glass of wine and carried on the festivities with the grilled food, summer salads and even a toast to the Queen herself. The day finished with a bit of Jubilee music at the concert at her Marj’s home and a heated few games of UNO, before saying our goodbyes. It was a fun-filled day and great excuse for a good ol’ knees up!


3 comments:

  1. I love the masks, the queen in the top photo doesn't even look like a mask! I'm glad you had great weather, it was miserable near me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be part of the Monk family xx

    ReplyDelete